– For Glass & Metal Surfaces –
BEFORE INSTALLING: Please be sure to peel off the liner!
- DO NOT LAMINATE: may cause GlassApeel products to curl over time.
To obtain optimum suction, the bonding surfaces must be well cleaned and dried. (Clean surface with hot water, dry with a squeegee & if needed wipe with a non-fraying cloth.)
- Do not bend or crease GlassApeel products because it may tunnel or bubble which may remain after squeegeeing.
FOR WET APPLICATION: spray water on your GlassApeel product & the surface it will be applied to. This process helps eliminate bubbles & ensure an even application.
Clear & Frost require water for application | Water is optional for Block-Out
- Use a rubber or flexible squeegee with rounded corners (to not scratch the material) and use a fair amount of force to push the air bubbles out.
PRO TIP: Start in the center of the material and work your way out to the edges. (GlassApeel is repositionable) When installing use the liner on the printed surface to prevent scratching.
- During installation do not allow the material to ride over any caulking. This will cause air to seep behind the material and GlassApeel’s Micro-Suction Technology will not adhere to silicone.
CLEANING: When cleaning GlassApeel products start in the middle and work your way out.(cleaning from the glass towards the middle of the product may cause damage to the edges/corners.)
NOTE: Using standard window cleaners on GlassApeel products will not damage the image.
REMOVAL: While removing GlassApeel products, do not bend back the corners. Apply at least 3” to 4” of Scotch Tape onto any corner of the printed piece. Pull the extended tape to lift the GlassApeel from the surface (see image on the right). This will eliminate any bending of corners. If a crease or bend is created, you can try bending the material in the opposite direction to flatten. If you plan to reuse the material, be sure to roll the product in whichever way will be towards the surface it is being applied to.
Please contact Infinity Media Company via phone 1 (833) 452-7727 or by email (email@example.com) to request a free sample roll, sample folder, or to locate an authorized dealer near you.
D i s c l a i m e r : Understanding GlassApeel is a new product, results may vary based on conditions. Please make sure all windows meet current code ( safety glazing or tempered glass ) as GlassApeel & its affiliates will not be held responsible for any damages.